Tracking your brands equity
We worked with IKEA to help them understand how their brand lives in breathes in the lives of their consumers.
We had previously used Social Imaging with them to make sense of this, but now wanted to scale this using image recognition to gain a richer, deeper and quantified picture of their brand across geographies.
- Automated collection and analysis of 60,482 user-generated images from Instagram, Twitter and Tumblr, at a global scale.
- Semiotic clusters of meaning created using a combination of algorithms based on image recognition, set to tailored parameters, and a process of machine learning.
- Meaning mapping of the hashtags and comments within each cluster.
- An evaluation of the brand through user-generated content to interrogate how well each element of the brand house was landing with consumers.
- The ability for IKEA to understand its visual brand equity at scale at the touch of a button.
- Interrogation of the data through looking at language and location, to understand further how their brand exists in the world.
- An automated platform that can track how this changes over time and geography how the brand’s equity evolves.