Kantar’s 10 predictions for Black Friday 2019 are based on behavioural data from its omnishopper panel supplemented with a survey of over 54,000 UK shoppers, asking people about their plans for this year.
The data reveals some key insights, such as that the average shopper will likely only buy from two retailers on Black Friday, making competition all the more fierce. We also predict that sales on Amazon will have a huge influence on the overall success of the event, with only 5% of UK shoppers purchasing from the etailer during last year’s event.
Download the report below and uncover the numbers behind the 10 key areas of focus for Black Friday 2019 in the UK:
- It will once again be the biggest shopping day of the year
- Participation will be high
- The Black Friday euphoria will happen both in-store and online
- All eyes will be on Amazon
- Competition will be fierce
- We will spend over GBP60 each
- Christmas will be on everyone’s mind
- Shoppers will be looking for more than electronics
- Offering a seamless experience will be critical to success
- And as always, some people will avoid shopping on Black Friday
If you are a subscriber of Retail IQ, click here to download The Most Important Day of the Year? report