In this installment of Retail Sound Bites, the next in the “Just Enough” series, in which Kantar’s Chief Knowledge Officer Bryan Gildenberg speaks with Kantar’s SVP Dave Marcotte about key topics in the retail ecosystem… In this episode, Blockchain.
In this episode, a fascinating conversation about online gaming and eSports in the retail space, as host Bryan Gildenberg talks with Kantar’s Principal Analyst for eCommerce and Omnichannel Meaghan Werle, and Kantar Analyst Mike Carlucci.
The Initiative for Real Growth has analyzed a huge range of research, including hundreds of C-suite interviews, to uncover the factors that drive sustainable, top-line business growth. In this episode of Future Proof, co-founder of the Institute for Real Growth Marc de Swaan Arons (Kantar) talks us through the findings and explains what distinguishes an over-performer from an under-performer.
In this installment, a podcast within a podcast, as host Bryan Gildenberg appears as a guest on The Message Makeover, a podcast about powerful and persuasive communication in the workplace.
- Co-hosts Andrew Curry and J. Walker Smith return to the topic of growth with Kantar Chief Research Officer Julie Kollman and the report she co-authored with Curry on the intangible asset of corporate knowledge known as intelligence capital.
- Richard Partington: Mark Carney tells global banks they cannot ignore climate change dangers –The Guardian
- The financial sector must be at the heart of tackling climate change – The Guardian
- Larry Elliott: Bank of England begins climate enforcement with a velvet glove – The Guardian
- Simon Jack: UK’s biggest money manager warns on climate catastrophe – BBC
- The Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) – Legal & General
- Andrew Curry: Responsive businesses create growth and value through Intelligence Capital –Kantar UK Insights
- The Responsive Business: Creating Growth and Value Through Intelligence Capital – MRS
- Rapidly declining remarkability of temperature anomalies may obscure public perception of climate change – PNAS
- Theodore Kinni: Why It Doesn’t Always Pay to Be Decisive about Making Decisions –strategy+business
- Rational Decision Making – Indiana.edu
- Tyler Cowen: Big Business: A Love Letter to an American Anti-Hero – Amazon
- Geoff Mulgan: The Locust and the Bee: Predators and Creators in Capitalism’s Future – Amazon
- Institute for Real Growth – Kantar
In this episode, co-hosts J. Walker Smith and Andrew Curry speak with Frank van der Driest, co-leader of the Institute for Real Growth, a major Kantar/WPP initiative comparing over-performing and under-performing companies to create a framework for growth.
- Tim Harford: Superstar companies lose their lustre – Financial Times
- Tyler Cowen: Population Growth and Technological Changes: One Million B.C. to 1990 – Marginal Revolution
- Institute for Real Growth – Kantar
- John Cochrane: Concentration Increasing? – The Grumpy Economist
- Maggie Koerth-Baker: Conspiracy Theories Can’t Be Stopped – FiveThirtyEight
- Ross Douthat: The Paranoid Center – The New York Times
In this episode, host Bryan Gildenberg speaks with Kantar Consulting’s Meaghan Werle and Rachel Dalton in the first of a multi-part series about Amazon Prime and Primerica in 2019.
Join host Bryan Gildenberg along with Kantar Consulting SVP of Retail Insights Ray Gaul, as they explore the current UK retail market, trends and news.
In this episode, co-hosts J. Walker Smith and Andrew Curry discuss the central idea of Smith’s upcoming, March 20 FutureView webinar entitled “Thinking of Others,” which will be about the shift of values and references points from self to others and what this means for the marketplace.
- School Strike for climate – Wikipedia
- Greta Thunberg: School Strike for climate TedxStockholm – YouTube
- Greta Thunberg: COP24 Speech at Katowice 2018 – YouTube
- Kate Julian: Why Are Young People Having So Little Sex? – The Atlantic
- Jeff Beer: Finally! Doritos made a chip bag that cleans your dusty fingers – Fast Company
- Hannah Walley – Advertisers believe they’re avoiding gender stereotypes… but consumers disagree – Kantar UK Insights
- One Thing I Learned This Week – Kantar Consulting
- FutureView Webinar Registration – Kantar Consulting
In this Sound Bite, a look to the Future, as host Bryan Gildenberg recaps the CES (Consumer Electronics Show) and NRF (National Retail Federation) conferences with SVP Dave Marcotte and VP of Ecommerce and Omnichannel Alice Fournier.
In this episode, co-hosts J. Walker Smith and Andrew Curry speak with Jonathan Hall, a sustainability expert and the Global Head of the Strategy Practice for Kantar Consulting, about the business case for sustainability and the implications of that for success in the future.
- Sarah Holder: The ‘Marie Kondo Effect’ Comes at a Weird Time for Thrift Stores – CityLab
- For the NFL and all of football, a new threat: an evaporating insurance market – ESPN
- The Concept of the Corporation – John Kay
- The 21st Century Business – Kantar
- Kirsty Cooke: The future of marketing to women – Kantar UK Insights
- What Women Want? – Kantar
This week, host Bryan Gildenberg speaks with Kantar Consulting Director of Retail Insights Simon Johnstone, as they walk us through some of the key retail trends to watch for in 2019.